TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Anyone here going to CES/T.H.E Show in January?  (Read 7656 times)

Offline joeljoel1947

• View Profile
Anyone here going to CES/T.H.E Show in January?
« on: October 24, 2008, 07:46:06 AM »
Just curious if anyone here is making the trek to Vegas.  I went last year and had a blast.  Matter of fact, that is where I was "re-introduced" to the open reel format!  It was in Winston Ma's FIM room and the sound was glorious.  Now, some 5-6 decks later, I believe in entrenched in the format.  ;)

Anyhow, I'm 98% certain I'll be going back this year.  Any fellow TP fans coming?  Also, are there plans for a "Tape Project" room there or are there going to be decks loaned out to various rooms like last year?

Regards, Joel
Regards,
Joel Kozlowski

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
Re: Anyone here going to CES/T.H.E Show in January?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 05:18:47 PM »
Hi Joel,
What are the dates? I am really thinking about going.

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline joeljoel1947

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 05:59:03 PM »
Hi Jay,
January 8th through 11th.  That's a Thursday through Sunday deal.  Much better then last years which started on a Monday.  Have you ever attended one before?

Regards, Joel
Regards,
Joel Kozlowski

Offline mikel

• View Profile
    • my system page.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 07:52:04 PM »
i've been to CES/T.H.E. Show 6 or 7 times...about every other year. it is a dealer/press show and not intended to be a consumer/enthusiast show...although high end audio does attract lots of non-industry types. T.H.E. show has a more relaxed vibe compared to the high end audio CES at the Venetian.

it is quite a bit more serious than RMAF in Denver. many rooms are focused on press and finding new dealers so they don't want to accomodate consumers directly.

i do like that it starts on a Thursday this year so i only need to miss one day of work if i fly down on Thursday night.
Mike Lavigne

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 10:38:25 PM »
Hi Jay,
January 8th through 11th.  That's a Thursday through Sunday deal.  Much better then last years which started on a Monday.  Have you ever attended one before?

Regards, Joel
Hi Joel,
No I have not, but I want to go soon.

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline joeljoel1947

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 01:56:02 PM »
Hi Mike/Jay,
I agree that THE Show was more relaxed and laid back.  The NFS room at THE Show alone was worth the trip Mike if you know what I mean.
Your spot on about CES Mike----pretty serious and there were a few manufacturers who approached me about carrying their lines at CES which was pretty funny as I am not a dealer myself.  I have friends who are and I tagged along with them.  All it took to get in was a business card from their audio store with the owners name crossed off on it and mine written in with ink pen!  So, obviously, if one wants to go as a layman it can't be too tough to get in.

I really want to go to RMAF next year.  I believe that is where the more "passionate" and down to earth/hobbiest audio-folks now go. 

Anyhow, let me know if you guys are going to CES/THE Show, we should meet in person at the very least.

Take care, Joel
Regards,
Joel Kozlowski

Offline joeljoel1947

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 08:21:30 PM »
OK,
I'm booked and am going for sure!!  If anyone else from TP is coing then let me know and possibly we can meet there and share tape stories!

Joel
Regards,
Joel Kozlowski