TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 7451 times)

Offline mstcraig

• View Profile
Suggestions
« on: February 16, 2007, 12:35:25 PM »
I have no hope of it ever coming to pass, so I'll ask anyway. One of the finest albums I've ever heard from both a musical and sonic point of view is "Stephen Stills 2". It would be a hoot to see that released, since Classic Records obviously dropped the ball on that title. Another group that I know would show the format off very well is, don't laugh, The New Christy Minstrels. I've been listening to alot of them lately, and the sonics are uniformly wonderful. Very early 60's Columbia made with care, before the multitracking screwed it all up later on. The album "Tall Tales, Legends and Nonsense" is their best IMHO. Craig
Craig Sypnier
(Magnepan, VPI, Sumiko, Shure,
Belles Research, ReVox (A-77 and B-77), Scully 280-B, Teac A-2300SD, Nordost)

Offline mobileholmes

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions--Neil Young!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 01:35:45 AM »
Since Neil Young is an analog lover, and very anti-establishment, his catalog might be a possibility.  NO?  I would imagine he'd give a thumbs up to something like this, though the label guys couldn't care less.  I'd love to hear that stuff on tape.  Maybe even CSN and CSNY.
Phillip Holmes
Tapes, tape decks, turntables, tonearms, cartridges, records......how am I still married?

Offline heideana

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 02:37:16 PM »
"Everybody knows this is nowhere" would be to die for!!!!
Studer A810 and Otari MTR-15...Klipsch CWIII's, KG2's & RF7's

Truth is a kind of error, so vaporize it to find your way to heaven, or at least to a smile...

Offline beefman

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 11:08:23 AM »
Ted Nugent ain't an audionut but he's definitely pretty free-thinking. Might be another possibility.
Jeff Kane
Owner of many decks; in possession of few!