Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Ella Fitzgerald? Billie Holiday? ...  (Read 6105 times)

Offline Harry Hasbun

• View Profile
Ella Fitzgerald? Billie Holiday? ...
« on: November 25, 2008, 03:24:34 PM »
Hey how about some ol' time female vocalists?  Some blues maybe??  Some on the Bluesville label are amazing RVG..  How about any of the Miles lp's from prestige..  Cookin', Steamin', Blue Haze, Workin', Relaxin', Musings of Miles, Bags Groove...  Any of them would be great.  I have not heard anything about Coltrane.  how about Coltrane/Ellington?  Soultrane? Love Supreme?  I am not even going to beg, dream, plead, or offer to sell my soul but just the thought of a few of Blue Notes finer like Open Sesame, Cool Struttin', Blue Train, True Blue make my heart race!
Hey so far so good, and there is not a bad one in the bunch.  I listen and love each tape and check daily for an update for what's coming next year.  Go Tape Project!!!

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Ella Fitzgerald? Billie Holiday? ...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 07:47:17 PM »
Hey Harry, you've probably got better than average chances of getting some of your wishes granted. I think that Doc has a soft spot for early blues/americana and Paul is a big jazz fan (he actually worked with Bill Evans!) and of course the Fantasy vaults are open for us. I'm with you on all your picks (I'm a huge Miles/Coltrane and Blue Note fan) but if I could make a couple of suggestions;
Try and narrow your picks to particular albums and try and list the label and catalog number.
Check the posts in this forum for threads that already suggested that album. The more folks that want a particular release, the more weight it will have when it comes to decision time. So add your "vote" to that thread and it will automatically bring it to the top of this forum, which makes it more visible and more likely to attract more postings.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades