Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Wow! Thank you!  (Read 9042 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Wow! Thank you!
« on: January 07, 2009, 10:55:43 AM »
As I drink my morning coffee and with about 35 hours to go before we announce our new Series Two titles at CES, I find that we have already received three confirmations for subscriptions to the new series from Series One subscribers. Thanks so much for your continued support of the Tape Project! When we started this project we did a lot of daydreaming about having a nice fat catalog with lots of great titles after a few years. The enthusiasm for the release of the second series is a huge step towards making that a reality.

As a thank you to current subscribers we will offer you a discounted subscription rate through the end of February for the second series. And we will extend the same invitation for a discount on the Series Two price to anyone who subscribes to Series One by the end of February. I'll post the details very soon.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
Re: Wow! Thank you!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 12:04:11 PM »
Hey Doc,
That's really great news, I am very interested in the series two titles; But I would very much like to have all of my tapes from the first series before I make another commitment.

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 12:51:46 PM »
Well, you know I'm in! I got all excited when I saw the email yesterday (maybe we'll get a hint or something?) but alas, I guess we'll have to wait a whole 'nother day!
Back to my hum drum existence,..
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 04:49:19 PM »
As I drink my morning coffee and with about 35 hours to go before we announce our new Series Two titles at CES, I find that we have already received three confirmations for subscriptions to the new series from Series One subscribers. Thanks so much for your continued support of the Tape Project! When we started this project we did a lot of daydreaming about having a nice fat catalog with lots of great titles after a few years. The enthusiasm for the release of the second series is a huge step towards making that a reality.

As a thank you to current subscribers we will offer you a discounted subscription rate through the end of February for the second series. And we will extend the same invitation for a discount on the Series Two price to anyone who subscribes to Series One by the end of February. I'll post the details very soon.

Doc/Dan: You can count me in on the next series. Even thinking about ordering all of them :) Am really chomping at the bit to get the last two from the first series.

Myles
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline joeljoel1947

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 08:19:30 PM »
Hi Doc,
Does that offer go for us of the "selective subscription" variety as well?
Regards,
Joel Kozlowski

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 09:26:33 PM »
I'm in of course. Don't know if I'll make the end of February date before sending the money but I definitely plan on keeping my #29 subscription growing.
Xavier Cortes

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 09:49:29 PM »
Does that offer go for us of the "selective subscription" variety as well?

Yes, everyone who is subscribed to Series One before Mar1 will be able to take advantage of a discount subscription price on Series Two. I should also add that we only have two or three Charter subscriptions left.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 09:59:15 PM »
I suspect also if you sign up early, you get the option to keep the same
serial number. Or at least you can ask.
PS. My birthday is in March ... you can send me that BIG fat catalog of
titles then.:)
Set 45,Open baffle speakers,Otari 5050,,Pioneer DV-79AVi DVD/CD/SCAD player

Offline mikel

• View Profile
    • my system page.
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 11:55:59 PM »
hey Doc,

i'm in for series 2....and looking forward to seeing the titles tomorrow.

i checked on the ORDER link on the website; but there is not yet one there for series 2 for series 1 subscribers. it might be good to have some instructions for that posted.

it is all about software. as the catalogue grows; i see more fence sitters joining in. if someone knows they can buy a number of desired titles they will go to the trouble to get into the hardware. i think the magic number might be 20 or maybe 30 to get traction and significant attention. my initial goal was to have around 50 'Tape Project' level 15ips 1/4" master dubs of various types of music.

i have a number of friends who are looking closely at getting involved.

i am hopeing/wishing/dreaming that at least one of your titles tomorrow is some Rock/Pop classic (i could easily list 50-75 choices) that really gets our blood running with anticipation. i know that is a long shot; but if you could pull that off (even if it came with a premium) it would shake things up considerably. i don't expect it and will not be disappointed if it does not happen.

thanks to you guys for fighting the good fight.

mikel
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:04:04 AM by mikel »
Mike Lavigne

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 02:04:48 AM »
I think you have a good point there Mike. I'm sure that there are quite a few potential subscribers that are primarily fans of rock/pop music. I have to admit that the Robert Cray tape is one of my favorites and I never would've thought that there could be such a dramatic improvement in the sound and enjoyment of a this kind of production. Boy, was I wrong.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline JoeG

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 10:29:16 AM »
I am in for Series II! Want to keep my #61. Awaiting info on how to confirm my charter sub continuation..
Joe Galbraith
Charter sub #61
J-corder/Bottlehead Technics 1500>King/Cello pre, Bottlehead Seduction, Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature TT>Bluelectric Magic Diamond or Allnic Puritas>Allnic H3000 phono/L3000 line>KR Enterprises Antares>Kharma CE 2.2
Silent Source cable, Walker Audio Velocitors

Offline newR2Rboy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 12:38:03 AM »
Thanks Doc, RR's Church Window is in Series 2, my all time favorite, pls count me in for Selective Subscription, pls advise how to proceed. 
Herman Chu from Hong Kong
VPI Aries 3 w/10.5i, CJ ACT2 V2 + LP140M and Manley Steelhead, Ref3A Grand Veena.