TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Mono playback  (Read 27915 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Mono playback
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 10:54:15 PM »
Yeaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Um,.. don't be surprised if you hear a loud "Thum-thum-thum" from overhead and a big bag crushes the old pickup tonight.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline mikel

• View Profile
    • my system page.
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 08:01:55 AM »
Don't change your plans just yet, Mike. Your album did indeed go out today, I just checked the shipping log. The first few serial numbers are ours, so we shipped numbers out past serial #20 today. Some guy named Koto was in that shipment too.

thanks Doc, i'll be ready if it arrives today.
Mike Lavigne

Offline mikel

• View Profile
    • my system page.
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 07:58:36 PM »
TP-010 arrived. packaging, box, art work.....everything looks first class...as always.

i have some fresh Alaska Salmon on the barbie; as soon as dinner is over it will be out to the room for a listen.

i'll open a new thread for first listening impressions.....great start to the evening....
Mike Lavigne

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 11:15:37 PM »
Thanks Mike,

The cover art was kind of a challenge on this one. I scanned the cover of an early (original?) issue LP. You may note that the color and contrast are rather different than the kind of washed out gray-blacks with aqua background you see on the CD artwork. I could push one of the auto level/color/etc. buttons in Photoshop and get the same result, but my cover is a closer representation to how the original cover that we borrowed looked, and I think it has a richer feel to it. The back cover of the original is pretty forgettable, but I tried to be as true as possible to the original layout while incorporating our credits.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project