Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: DIY wireless remotes?  (Read 7464 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
DIY wireless remotes?
« on: February 28, 2007, 08:22:13 PM »
I was thinking about bidding on the Technics wired remote on ebay the other day when I remembered something I was researching a while ago. Why would anybody in the 21st century spend a hundred bucks on a wired remote for something that just opens and closes a circuit? All of the RS series machines have a 12 pin socket on the back for plugging one of these remotes and the service manual even shows which pin is what. The only thing in the circuit that isn't a switch is a diode in the "stop" mode. I done a little surfing and searching but I haven't found an remote with a programable receiver (doesn't even need to be programable). Any ideas?
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Re: DIY wireless remotes?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 08:58:54 PM »
Dang, you guys are too fast for me! Give me a little time, I'm already working on sourcing one, a multi channel RF remote setup. I'll fill you guys in as soon as I acquire it.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline stellavox

• View Profile
Re: DIY wireless remotes?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 08:12:33 AM »
Vellman makes 15 channel IR remote control kits - transmitter is the K6710; receiver is the K6711.  Receiver outputs are open collector transistors - which should be easily adapted to operate most solid state tape decks.