TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: clearing out several A80/QC cassette-tape, open-reel machines  (Read 6914 times)

Offline heideana

• View Profile
clearing out several A80/QC cassette-tape, open-reel machines
« on: February 23, 2009, 05:03:05 PM »
Hey gang --- If your interested, see below
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We have several A80/QC cassette-tape, open-reel machines.

Most came purchased direct from mastering QC room at Sony in Carrolton, GA  ....and EMI duplication room in Jacksonville, IL., as those facilities were in process of down-sizing.

Most of the machines have been sitting unused in a climate-controlled warehouse since they were removed from those facilities.

We are clearing space for a new business venture right now, and need the space that these machines occupy. 

If you one or more machines for parts, this is a great opportunity.

We are open to entertain any offers for all or part of this equipment.

Thank you,

F.W. Black
816-767-0050
[email protected]
ps.. we are also now accepting inquiries and offers on (many extra Studer A80 pancake checkers), (an inventory of excess SAKI / LLH duplicator heads), (spare King 2797s, Concept Design MK2000, and CD9000 cassette loaders), (a spare Apex 2-color cassette printer), (spare Scandia norelco wrappers),  (a spare cassette plain paper labeler and die cutter), (a spare Emerald/PakTek Norelco J-Card&Cassette inserter), (a spare Emerald/PakTek Poly Box Cassette inserter), as well as thousands of spare parts for the above and many more duplicating, loading and packaging machines.
=================================================================
This message is from the Studer list : www.recordist.com/studer
For instructions on unsubscribing, posting, etc., send email with
the text "help" to [email protected].
Studer A810 and Otari MTR-15...Klipsch CWIII's, KG2's & RF7's

Truth is a kind of error, so vaporize it to find your way to heaven, or at least to a smile...

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: clearing out several A80/QC cassette-tape, open-reel machines
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 07:49:57 PM »
Hi Hopkins,.. yeah, I found that in my inbox today too.  That's the first thing I've heard from the Studer list since Fred sent out the "list suspended" notice. I hope this means there's going to be some more list activity.
It's funny though, Carrolton Ga was a true one horse town the last time I was there in the early 70's. I worked for a week at a chicken farm there for room and board and hated it so much, I literally walked for almost 24 hours just to get away from there! I can't tell you how much of a shock it was to see that Sony had anything there let alone a mastering facility.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 11:04:33 PM »

It's funny though, Carrolton Ga was a true one horse town the last time I was there in the early 70's. . . can't tell you how much of a shock it was to see that Sony had anything there let alone a mastering facility.

They put in a large manufacturing plant there toward the end of the LP era. Manufactured cassettes and then eventually CD's there.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 11:37:12 PM »
Now why can't they be clearing out old R2R pre-recorded tapes instead!?
Good luck with those who can pick up a machine or two.
Set 45,Open baffle speakers,Otari 5050,,Pioneer DV-79AVi DVD/CD/SCAD player