TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Lots of tapes shipping  (Read 25759 times)

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
Re: Lots of tapes shipping
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 07:29:48 AM »
No email on this side. This is weird as I'm #29!
Xavier Cortes

ceved

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2009, 05:35:21 PM »
Perhaps they started shipping from the back of the line as a gesture of good will.
To misquote the Bible "He who shall be first, shall be last".
I am just about dead center, so unless they divide and conquer, I will get my tape about the same time no matter which end they start from.

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 06:03:46 PM »
LOL!
Xavier Cortes

Offline JoeG

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2009, 06:09:39 PM »
I am just beyond center at #61 and I got my notice that 009 will be delivered 3/16. I am on the East Coast. I think the notice was in my email on the 9th
Joe Galbraith
Charter sub #61
J-corder/Bottlehead Technics 1500>King/Cello pre, Bottlehead Seduction, Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature TT>Bluelectric Magic Diamond or Allnic Puritas>Allnic H3000 phono/L3000 line>KR Enterprises Antares>Kharma CE 2.2
Silent Source cable, Walker Audio Velocitors

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2009, 10:07:56 PM »
I never got the mail but the tape has arrived! Of course I have to go and pick it up at San Diego but I'll go there in two weeks!
Xavier Cortes

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2009, 10:29:36 PM »
#009 is a real toe tapper. You'll love it!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline zhou bin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2009, 06:43:54 AM »
I have received,thanks
studer A820,nagra IV-S,Reyaudio 1MKV +Jeffrowland

Offline Romo

• Michael Romanowski
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • tapeproject
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2009, 01:38:29 PM »
MOre going out this weeks all... Just hang on....
Some shipping notices come back to me even thought the shipping goes out. I guess email addresses might be off for a few. Xavier, I'll look at yours. Might be mistyped.
BAck to grinding...
romo
Managing Director
The Tape Project

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 11:22:39 AM »
Anything else new in the "lots of tapes shipping" dept. ?
Still waiting for my last 3...
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009, 01:11:18 PM »
I'll trade ya ... your last 3 for my last three. I am expecting one today or monday but all
the notices I got was from around the 23 of March.
Set 45,Open baffle speakers,Otari 5050,,Pioneer DV-79AVi DVD/CD/SCAD player

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 04:57:13 PM »
Ben, I got a  shipping notice for 1 tape as well  right after I posted that.
But you have not been waiting over 1 year as I have.
This will either be that last one of the 6 from my March 2008 order, or one of the 2 I ordered this year right before the original deadline to order at the old price.
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 05:30:53 PM »
In my case it was not saving $$$ for the tapes , it was finding a Good Reel to Reel
in Canada for sale late last summer. I hope your tape shows up soon, it is about
week for to get my package here from the day posted.
Footnote:  Arg!  I got a click and ship notice as well after I posted too!

« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 08:13:17 PM by Ben »
Set 45,Open baffle speakers,Otari 5050,,Pioneer DV-79AVi DVD/CD/SCAD player

Offline Wimdo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2009, 02:43:47 AM »
Is the Tape Project still alive ?  Since I paid some two months ago I don't hear anything and I get no replies on my emails to Eileen, Dan or Romo. Any reason to become nervous ?

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2009, 11:19:58 AM »
The Tape Project is alive and kickin'. Please bear in mind that I'm just a fellow member here and can't speak for the management but I think I can allay your concerns. It can take quite a while until you receive your first tape. Since each one is made for you and no one else there isn't any stock of tapes that the guys can just go over and pull off the shelf. Another difference is from your typical media providers is that only 4 tapes can be made at a time of the same release. And since each release consists of 2 tapes all produced in real time it probably takes a few hours to make 4 tapes. So, obviously it's impractical to produce 1 tape since it would still require the entire duplication line and still take the same amount of time.

There are two different types of production runs. In the beginning there was only one kind as the guys produced which ever was next in the catalog. These primary runs started out with the first release, Jacqui Naylor and then BlackJack David. There were only a handful of subscribers during these early releases and as the number of subscribers grew it was not that tough to go back and do a catch up run of the Naylor tapes. I don't think there was really a need at that point to be that organized about scheduling the duplication line since the number of tapes that needed to be produced was pretty low and there were only a couple set ups of the dup line for each release.

As you can imagine when these primary runs grew, with over 100 subscribers, into a major deal. With a very little problem we're talking about 2-3 hundred hours just to produce the tapes. Each reel is individually numbered on a CNC machine. Then it needs to be packaged with the individually number artwork packed up and shipped.

Ok, this would seem pretty straight forward and it is until you throw new subscribers into the mix. Like I said, when it was just a few releases the guys could just go by "the seat of their pants" as to when it was time to go back and produce some more of the earlier titles. But the more titles there are to produce and the more new subscribers (actual tapes) there are, the longer it takes to do these catch up runs. This delays the release of the next title in line for continuing subscribers. So, now that we have 9 titles that could be waiting for these catch up runs (and god knows how many of these tapes need to be produced since there are far more subscribers that need catch up tapes than not) these runs now need to be scheduled to keep the new titles from having 6 month delays between releases.

Add to this that producing one tape would increase the lag time and further complicate matters you'll also see a delay from the time that you order until the other 3 (or however many) new subscribers that need to fill out a run.

As you can see, this has become a pretty complicated production scheduling issue and many decisions have to be made all along the line. You can be assured that the very highest quality will weigh heavily in all these decisions.
 Unlike any other music release I've ever known of, the Tape Project is dedicated to producing the best musical experience possible. And while that copy can be seen from lots of other companies, I think that these tapes will be considered to have actually lived up to the title " The Best" two hundred years from now.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2009, 12:37:40 PM »
Hey Steve you bring up a good point that I been meaning to ask about. Doc how many subscribers do we have?

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.