Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Lots of tapes shipping  (Read 25754 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Lots more tapes shipping soon
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2009, 03:43:54 PM »
Hi guys,

I have posted what's going on with TP here and there lately but I think the posts have fallen down the pages. Romo got home late last night after driving our entire packing and shipping setup up from the studio to Chateau Bottlehead. We are currently in the process of setting up the engraver, organizing our inventory and generally squaring away our database. Once we have everything in place we will be working on catching up all subscribers for catalog numbers TP-001 thru TP-009 and getting TP-010 out.

The idea with this move is that we are centralizing order processing and fulfillment to speed up the delivery process as well as being able to give quicker responses to subscriber inquiries.

Hi Wim,

Check your spam folder, as Eileen has responded to your inquiry.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Lots of tapes shipping
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2009, 09:30:36 AM »
As Dan says, we moved packing and shipping up north. This is part of an overhaul of our operations that we have been planning for months. We had decided to gear up for increased production, both as a response to an increase in subscribers and in anticipation of starting Series Two. We want to send all the Series Two tapes to all subscribers in a more compact time frame. To this end we looked at every step of our production process and tried to find ways to streamline things. The various pieces of our plan are falling into place, and I think you will be pleased with the results when shipping starts up again.

The duping is still handled here at the studio in San Francisco. We have made some changes here too, to increase output but in no way compromising quality. Each tape is still duped in real time on the highest quality duping rig ever assembled.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline JoeG

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2009, 11:29:24 AM »
Thanks for the updates guys! I sure hope the move went as smoothly as it could. good luck in the "new" facility. Keep up the great work!!
Joe Galbraith
Charter sub #61
J-corder/Bottlehead Technics 1500>King/Cello pre, Bottlehead Seduction, Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature TT>Bluelectric Magic Diamond or Allnic Puritas>Allnic H3000 phono/L3000 line>KR Enterprises Antares>Kharma CE 2.2
Silent Source cable, Walker Audio Velocitors

Offline Wimdo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2009, 01:49:52 PM »
Sorry Dan,  but Eileens email didn't reach me or was lost some were in the deleted spam - much appreciated if she could resend it - I'll look carefully in the spam.
Thanks & great news that the production is full steaming ahead.

Offline Wimdo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2009, 02:07:46 PM »
Thanks for the explanation/news Steve - Great !! I'll wait patiently for great musical tapes !!
I was only worried not to hear anything for 2 months.
Regards - Wim

Offline Romo

• Michael Romanowski
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • tapeproject
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2009, 10:21:54 AM »
Just a quick update....
The new setup has greatly increased our output. Thanks to all who have been patient with us as we continue to grow. As of today, we are almost completely done with all of the duplication for every tape ordered by everyone with extras ready for us to be able to now sell individual titles. They are in transit to Poulsbo to be packed and shipped out to everyone. If you haven't received all of your first series tapes yet, they are indeed coming very soon. The last order of business before moving on to Series Two, Which we will start duplicating as early as next week, will be getting test tone tapes to those who haven't received theirs yet. Carly will be running those perhaps Friday. And then to the shipping dept up north, then on to you.
Thank you all again for you patience as we grow in this process. We are very very excited about Series Two. We may be able to announce the full line up shortly as well. The licensing agreements take a lot of time. And it is different for every title. Even after approval, getting the paperwork signed is not a speedy process. Just to let you know, we are already working on Series Three.  ; )

Happy Listening to all

Romo
Managing Director
The Tape Project