TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Tape Project Newsletter  (Read 10529 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Tape Project Newsletter
« on: March 06, 2007, 10:36:47 AM »
I have completed our first newsletter. In order to receive it in these spam-laden times you will need to actively register for it, so that we don't get blacklisted for sending unsolicited mail. Here's a link to the registration form.

(NOTE: this post is very old. We still send out a newsletter occasionally, but the link that used to be here is dead. If you want to get the newsletter, just email your request to info at tapeproject dot com)

This newsletter doesn't cost anything. The service we use tries its best to keep from setting off spam filters, but it's very tough to do these days. So if you signed up and you don't receive a copy when we send them out (probably Friday), check your spam folder before you trash it. It's available in HTML and plain text. You can choose which format to receive when you sign up.

Subscribers will receive a more in depth newsletter with technical articles and interesting tidbits about the various albums. That one is not quite ready, but coming soon!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 06:49:34 PM by High and Outside »
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline Danny Kaey

• View Profile
Re: Tape Project Newsletter
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 07:32:45 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to do this Dan!

signed up just now... :)
SonicFlare
www.sonicflare.com

US Editor | The Inner Ear
www.innerearmag.com

Senior Assistant Editor | Positive-Feedback Online
www.positive-feedback.com

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 01:15:07 PM »
Just a reminder that I will be sending the newsletter out tomorrow, Friday the 9th. You need to opt in on the web page by tomorrow a.m. to get a copy in Friday's e-mail delivery.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 03:56:19 PM »
For those of you who signed up late and missed the delivery of the first newsletter today, if you e-mail me I can forward it to you.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 08:41:45 PM »
Got the newsletter today. Very cool Doc! Oops, I've been meaning to say that I always attribute all this great stuff to just you, but I would like to extend my thanks to Paul and Mike also.  I just ordered a couple of t-shirts.Love that logo. It kind of reminds me of the "Love and Rockets" logo.  I'll try to remember to wear one to the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival this year. If Mike can make it there, I'd love to say "Howdy"! Now all we need is a secret handshake!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 03:26:39 PM »
That logo is cool isn't it. It was designed for us by a good friend of Michael's named Brad Talbott. And yes Paul and Michael and I are equal partners in this deal. Everyone has been cranking on whatever is necessary to get stuff going. Along with producing Jacqui's album Michael has been concentrating on the custom reels and now packaging. Paul has spearheaded the acquisition of the other titles, and of course is the resident expert on old school tape mastering techniques. So he is in charge of producing the running masters and makes the decisions on tape stock, EQ, etc. I'm the hardware and marketing guy, so I build gear, work up the machine modifications, etc., and run the websites - which is why you see a little more of me than the other guys here.

We all put on whatever hat we can to help the project move forward. I've been working on printing the cover art on high quality art paper. Michael made the cool bloodwood side panels for the machine we demoed with at CES. Paul has written the bulk of the copy for the webpages. So we all rotate around to different aspects of the biz, which makes it a lot more fun.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline Romo

• Michael Romanowski
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • tapeproject
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 07:44:25 PM »
Hey Steve,
Yes unless there is some fluke this coming year, like the fleetweek...oops I mean the AES show, I'll be at Hardly Stricktly. It'd be great to hang out, swap howdy's and handshakes.
Glad you like the logo. I think Brad did a great job with it. Let us know how your shirt comes out. I uploaded the Logo that Brad sent and forwarded it on the the folks at Cafe Press. We'll be interested to see how it prints on cloth at that size. We have a few coffee cups coming, but the printing is much smaller. Now, if cafe Press only had martinin glasses....hmmm....
Managing Director
The Tape Project