Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Arnold Overtures  (Read 11847 times)

Offline TomR

• View Profile
Arnold Overtures
« on: March 12, 2009, 06:02:02 PM »
Listening to this right now, and yes, this is one of the finest depictions of orchestral music I have heard. Now that I have solved my Tape Scrape problem on my RS1520, I am working through my backlog of Tape Project tapes.  This is obviously a high quality production - lots of headroom (turn it up, it sounds better), transparency of orchestral sound is very high - the "chill" factor is enormous. Not great music, but fun.

No notes, though - are these available anywhere?
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Arnold Overtures
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 07:49:55 PM »
Hi Tom, if you're talking about the liner notes they, should be on the back of the artwork. I'm glad you're getting in some listening now. Some of the tapes (like #1&3) which I wasn't that familiar with, really grew on me with time.
I'm looking forward to meeting you this weekend.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline TomR

• View Profile
Re: Arnold Overtures
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 08:32:32 AM »
Steve, I am looking forward to meeting you as well! All I have is a single page which shows on one side the title page with the caricature of Arnold, and several pictures and recording info on the back. There is no information on the music itself.
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's