TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Tape Day @ astrotoy's  (Read 12035 times)

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tape Day @ astrotoy's
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 06:34:37 PM »
Larry,

It was a lot of fun, and you are a very gracious host. You have set the bar high for Obi-Wan Oneobgyn if we do the next one at his place.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline oneobgyn

• View Profile
    • Doctor's Rx
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 06:45:54 PM »
I'm in for the next one. Hopefully you will have a prototype or a finished version of that Mac based server that we can hear. 
There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
Tape Project Charter Member #088
Link to my system  http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vaslt&1049587927

Offline Romo

• Michael Romanowski
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • tapeproject
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 03:18:06 AM »
Hey Larry,
I just wanted to say thanks for hosting such a great gathering. I wish I could have been there. I know Dan does too. It sounds like everyone had a really great time.
Thanks for keeping the music and the listening the focus. After all , Listing it what we all are all about.
Romo
Managing Director
The Tape Project

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 11:09:25 PM »
Romo, I think we have something going. It would be great if we can get together a few times a year. There are always things we can share and having birds of a feather makes us all feel that we are not isolated crazies! Sorry that you and Dan couldn't make it. Paul represented the TP well, and we learned all sorts of interesting stuff from him.  Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 11:44:59 PM »
I posted this on Tape Trails after someone asked who the attendees were. Here is a key to some of the attendees - those who are active in Tape Trails or Tape Project Forum. Starting with the picture with the exercise ball. At the front is Steve Ironbut Koto, Paul Stubblebine of the TP is standing to the left with the glass of wine. Steve oneobgyn Williams is sitting behind Koto to the right. Phil in CA is standing with a band across his shirt. In the other picture with people (the second picture has ironbut looking at my Barcly Crocker tapes) Jerry Sodomka (who drove all the way from San Diego - and back) is sitting on the couch with Rich marantzguy Links to his right. I am on the far right - holding my hand pensively to my chin. Steve steveidiosound Williams is all the way to the back left. Tom TGR-TomR Ream took all the pictures and is behind the camera in all the shots. We had 16 people in my music room. I didn't think they would all fit. I was surprised my Avantgardes gave a pretty nice sound stage from many different positions in the room. I didn't even turn on the 5.1 more than a couple of times. :-) Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub