TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Tape project Machines page updated  (Read 13678 times)

Offline curry

• View Profile
Re: Tape project Machines page updated
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 08:59:35 PM »
Thanks for your responses, everyone. Now if I may be allowed to change the tune just a bit; could anyone tell me how a standard A77mkIV ReVox such as mine would rate against the prefered TP machines, how close to maximum performance would be achieved with just a repro-amp (Eros, for instance) upgrade? What are the advantages/disadvantages of using this unit for TP tapes? Also, I'm being offered a Pioneer RT909 (auto-reverse, 7.5/3.75ips) which I'm considering for copy/playback of my LPs at maximum fidelity (both to save wear and tear on my needles, and to circumvent the hassle of inturrupting my work to change records on the Linn, or reels on the ReVox every few minutes). Is the Pioneer a good prospect in this context? Would it sound as good as the ReVox playing at 7.5ips? Previously I'd used a hifi VCR for the purpose, sounds OK but it's automatic-limiter murders dynamic-range. Bye-the-way, has anyone here tried using a hifi VCR with manual level controls for dubbing LPs? I'll leave it at that 'cause discussing VCRs on a TP forum seems like advocating VW Bugs at a Ferrari convention. Peace.