Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: RS1500 rework developments  (Read 30543 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Re: RS1500 rework developments
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2007, 10:18:37 AM »
I must apologize for falling behind on the hardware end of things while we've been concentrating on getting the details of getting first year's tapes together. I still owe a couple of repro amps to clients (they are moving along, with some good progress made earlier this week) before I dive in to more work. What with Bottlehead, Tape Project and now VSAC involved, sometimes I feel like one of those old time one man bands, and cymbal on my left knee keeps sliding down to my ankle while I'm trying to do a Sousa march. Now that we are so close to spooling albums I will put a concerted effort into working out the last of the shipping bugs and get the upgrade program rolling. Bear with me for a couple more weeks while I get the shipping crates reworked and devise a schedule for efficiently moving through what appears to be a pretty good sized group of subscriber machines coming in for mod work.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline classicrecordings

• View Profile
    • Classic Recordings
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2007, 08:23:41 AM »
Would it be possible to just send in a 1500's tape head stack to have the heads replaced? Or is it necessary for the head stack to be on the machine for proper set up?

David
David Stangret
HK Citation 1 Pre-amp, Thorens TD-124, Ortofon 309S arm, SPU cartridges, mono block tube amps, Ars Acoustica LaDiva speakers, and I'm still trying to decide what machine to go with.
http://www.classicrecordings.ca

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2007, 11:40:06 AM »
Hi David,

If you are comfortable doing your own alignment just send your headblock straight to Greg Orton at Flux Magnetics. He will install the new on the block and give is a visual alignment. That makes a pretty easy starting point from which the align the heads once the headblock is back on the machine.

http://www.fluxmagnetics.com/
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project