TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: RS1500 rework developments  (Read 30514 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Re: RS1500 rework developments
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2007, 10:18:37 AM »
I must apologize for falling behind on the hardware end of things while we've been concentrating on getting the details of getting first year's tapes together. I still owe a couple of repro amps to clients (they are moving along, with some good progress made earlier this week) before I dive in to more work. What with Bottlehead, Tape Project and now VSAC involved, sometimes I feel like one of those old time one man bands, and cymbal on my left knee keeps sliding down to my ankle while I'm trying to do a Sousa march. Now that we are so close to spooling albums I will put a concerted effort into working out the last of the shipping bugs and get the upgrade program rolling. Bear with me for a couple more weeks while I get the shipping crates reworked and devise a schedule for efficiently moving through what appears to be a pretty good sized group of subscriber machines coming in for mod work.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline classicrecordings

• View Profile
    • Classic Recordings
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2007, 08:23:41 AM »
Would it be possible to just send in a 1500's tape head stack to have the heads replaced? Or is it necessary for the head stack to be on the machine for proper set up?

David
David Stangret
HK Citation 1 Pre-amp, Thorens TD-124, Ortofon 309S arm, SPU cartridges, mono block tube amps, Ars Acoustica LaDiva speakers, and I'm still trying to decide what machine to go with.
http://www.classicrecordings.ca

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2007, 11:40:06 AM »
Hi David,

If you are comfortable doing your own alignment just send your headblock straight to Greg Orton at Flux Magnetics. He will install the new on the block and give is a visual alignment. That makes a pretty easy starting point from which the align the heads once the headblock is back on the machine.

http://www.fluxmagnetics.com/
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project