Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Maple floor in Jersey sides!  (Read 5834 times)

Offline anatta

• View Profile
Maple floor in Jersey sides!
« on: April 12, 2009, 07:23:18 AM »
My Brother, who is a craftsman in the Philly area, made some sides for my MX5050 BII-2 to replace the stock contact paper and compressed board sides. Scraps from a Maple floor in S. Jersey were used. I think he also felled some of the Maple trees from the customers back yard to cut the flooring boards from :o)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 06:31:58 AM by anatta »

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Maple floor in Jersey sides!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 11:57:59 AM »
Nice! welcome to the forum anatta. It's good to see folks recycling building materials. A company I used to work for used to throw away some incredible stuff and it used to really bug me. It's kinda surprising to see that it takes so many remotes to operate your Otari! Maybe one or two of them is for that fancy Kitchen Aid though?
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline JoeG

• View Profile
Re: Maple floor in Jersey sides!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 07:10:40 PM »
Welcome aboard Anatta! That looks really nice. Your brother looks like the type of craftsman I am always looking for. I too, live on the South Jersey side of Philadelphia. would you be willing to share the name of his firm? I may have a project or two I would like to talk to him about...
Joe Galbraith
Charter sub #61
J-corder/Bottlehead Technics 1500>King/Cello pre, Bottlehead Seduction, Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature TT>Bluelectric Magic Diamond or Allnic Puritas>Allnic H3000 phono/L3000 line>KR Enterprises Antares>Kharma CE 2.2
Silent Source cable, Walker Audio Velocitors