Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Status update  (Read 4973 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Status update
« on: April 27, 2009, 10:46:34 AM »
Before the next wave of "when will my tape arrive?" hits, I though I'd fill everyone in on where we stand. Currently another catch up run is in progress in the duping line, as well as work on TP-010. The duping line has been moved to what was the packing room at the studio and is currently in full swing. The packing and shipping part of our operation is temporarily on hold as we moving it up to our Washington office later this month. Shipping will resume in mid to late May.

We timed this to coincide with the production of a new run of album boxes. Demand has been high enough for the first series that we undershot our projection and didn't have enough of our custom boxes left in stock to start boxing the TP-010 run. The new boxes are on their way by ship, and should be here just about the time the packing and shipping equipment gets moved in up here in WA.

So the concept is that the tapes and engraved flanges will all be done for TP-010 by the time the boxes arrive around the third week of May, and we will have a large packing party getting TP-010 shipped out to everyone.

Thanks for your patience with this. The move will put all aspects of customer service in one location and allow us to respond much more quickly to your needs.

Regarding Series Two, Paul has made great headway in the past couple of weeks towards procuring some really super titles from a major label. We hope to have info to share very soon.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project