TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Strange Audiogon Offer  (Read 6960 times)

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
Strange Audiogon Offer
« on: May 22, 2009, 10:08:10 PM »
I found this currently on Audiogon. A person has for sale a Nagra T tape recorder which has recently been serviced. The seller lists it as a Nagra T plus accessories. He wants $8700 - it started at $10K early in the week. Here is the kicker - the main accessories are the 20 TP tapes in series 1 and 2. Nine are currently available - all sealed - and the buyer gets the rest of the series as they are released. So it looks like a very expensive Nagra T with some bargain basement TP tapes or the reverse. Look under Browse, Misc, Tape Decks.  I haven't asked what the serial number is - the seller is in Yuma AZ. 

Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
Re: Strange Audiogon Offer
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 11:00:05 AM »
$2,700 for the Nagra T if you discount $6k for the complete TP tape set at current pricing. If he subscribed to series one earlier, then he only has $4.5k into the tapes. So he is then getting $4.2k for the Nagra. Well, there are the tape shipping costs to him, so that is another $400 for all. So, at minimum $2,300 for the Nagra. He is probably into it for more than that if he had someone go through it.
How much do Nagra T's go for these days? I thought my friend got his for less than $2,700 a few years ago from ebay.
Still seems like a pretty good deal though...
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...