Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Strange Audiogon Offer  (Read 6942 times)

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
Strange Audiogon Offer
« on: May 22, 2009, 10:08:10 PM »
I found this currently on Audiogon. A person has for sale a Nagra T tape recorder which has recently been serviced. The seller lists it as a Nagra T plus accessories. He wants $8700 - it started at $10K early in the week. Here is the kicker - the main accessories are the 20 TP tapes in series 1 and 2. Nine are currently available - all sealed - and the buyer gets the rest of the series as they are released. So it looks like a very expensive Nagra T with some bargain basement TP tapes or the reverse. Look under Browse, Misc, Tape Decks.  I haven't asked what the serial number is - the seller is in Yuma AZ. 

Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
Re: Strange Audiogon Offer
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 11:00:05 AM »
$2,700 for the Nagra T if you discount $6k for the complete TP tape set at current pricing. If he subscribed to series one earlier, then he only has $4.5k into the tapes. So he is then getting $4.2k for the Nagra. Well, there are the tape shipping costs to him, so that is another $400 for all. So, at minimum $2,300 for the Nagra. He is probably into it for more than that if he had someone go through it.
How much do Nagra T's go for these days? I thought my friend got his for less than $2,700 a few years ago from ebay.
Still seems like a pretty good deal though...
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...