TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Some nice downloads  (Read 4972 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Some nice downloads
« on: May 25, 2009, 11:58:38 AM »
I've been putting together a compilation of tunes and pieces for the Headfi show. I'm going to be running two separate systems. One Tape Project with an OTL dynamic headphone system and another with an electrostatic headphone rig and hi rez downloads. On the second day I'll probably switch the amp/headphone matching (or start with the,.. oh,.. who knows!).
In any event I've come across some particular favorites that you guys who have 96/24 capability in your Dac should check out.

From HD Tracks http://www.hdtracks.com/index.php there's a download version of "Four Generations of Miles" which is a live recording of Ron Carter, Jimmy Cobb, Mike Stern and George Colman doing some classic Miles tunes. It has fantastic soundstaging and imaging. Of course it ain't no "Waltz,.." but for digital, it comes awfully close.

Another one from HD is the download version of " Shaker" by the Harry Smiths. I've never been a big fan of David Johansen but this is some very nice blues. Maybe a little too polished for my tastes but the sound is fantastic. Check out the sample tune " Deep Blue Sea".
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades