Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Computer Audiophile Symposium, June 27-28, Berkeley, CA  (Read 7026 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Computer Audiophile Symposium, June 27-28, Berkeley, CA
« on: May 05, 2009, 09:09:19 PM »
 "Computer Audiophile is proud to announce the inaugural Computer Audiophile Symposium to take place at world-renowned Fantasy Studios in Berkeley, California. Never before has an event demonstrated this complete musical chain. Experience everything from a live acoustic performance to a high resolution digital recording to the state of the art in computer-based playback. Witness legendary Recording Engineer and product innovator Prof. Keith O. Johnson capture this live performance. Industry leaders including Mastering Engineer Paul Stubblebine, Reference Recording's Marcia Martin, Sonic Studio's Jonathan Reichbach, Berkeley Audio Design's Michael "Pflash" Pflaumer, and representatives from Meridian-Sooloos will illustrate every step in the chain from performance to playback. In addition to these well recognized panelists, Matan Arazi will debut a groundbreaking music server and his approach to developing this all-out assault on computer based-playback."

I posted this because there are so many members here with high end reel to reel systems who also have an interest in hi res music servers. I work with a lot of the folks mentioned above so I'll be there (and I'm working on a hi res server myself). Based on my experience from the past couple of CESs, the technology shown at this meeting will pretty much cover the state of the art in hi-res music server technology.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:08:41 AM by docb »
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Computer Audiophile Symposium, June 27-28, Berkeley, CA
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 09:21:46 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Doc. Sounds like a "must attend" event to me!
See you there.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 09:28:48 AM »
I just signed up to attend the Sunday session. Steve W (oneobgyn) will also be attending.  Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline oneobgyn

• View Profile
    • Doctor's Rx
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 07:55:46 AM »
I've also put the same announcement up at our website (www.ultrahighendforum.com) and many of our members will be attending including our site admin who is flying in from Nashville and will be staying with me

DocB...I am noticing daily SpamBot on the forum here. We have completely prevented this at our website (www.ultrahighendforum.com)  by enabling 2 SpamBot questions for all new members. It involves  simple response
1. Are you a SpamBot? A drop down shows yes or no and you have to click on no (obviously)

2. What is the numerical equivalent of "seventy-seven?" The new member must type in "77"

Hopefully your software allows this.

It has kept our site free of all SpamBot
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 07:58:00 AM by oneobgyn »
There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
Tape Project Charter Member #088
Link to my system  http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vaslt&1049587927

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 10:06:51 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion. We already have the type of defense against bots that you mention, and you would have gone through it when you joined the forum. However these new spams are not by bots, they are by liveware, i.e. some guy sitting at a computer in India. This guy is signing up as a new member and leaving three posts every day, each day from a new IP address. I'm sure he has been given a list of a few hundred forums that he is supposed to do this on every morning and imagine that he will soon realize that the person he works for would replace him with a piece of software in a heartbeat if he could. It's got to be a pretty dreary existence. I hope for him that he will eventually find a job that gives him a little self respect.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline oneobgyn

• View Profile
    • Doctor's Rx
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 10:25:51 AM »
The thing that amazes me about these "customer service places" such as Dell AT&T etc is that you speak to some guy with a heavy Indian accent with the name of Paul, Tom etc
To them they have a respectable job
There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
Tape Project Charter Member #088
Link to my system  http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vaslt&1049587927

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 12:24:07 PM »
I agree that the folks in India who are handling customer service calls do have a respectable job. Having done tech support for many years myself, I imagine at times it is probably quite a challenging job as well. Perhaps this spamming chap should drop an application off for one of those jobs rather than generating more unwanted electronic junk mail.   
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline Romo

• Michael Romanowski
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • tapeproject
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 02:13:53 PM »
BAck to the original topic, This would fall under the category of MUST ATTEND for a whole lot of folks! It will be a very in-depth event run by people that are the very top of their professions.

See y'all there

Romo
Managing Director
The Tape Project