Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: So when do we open the Suggestion Box for Series 3?  (Read 3803 times)

Offline TomR

• View Profile
So when do we open the Suggestion Box for Series 3?
« on: September 16, 2009, 06:57:41 PM »
Only kidding a bit. There were loads of worthy ideas for Series 2 but it feels to me that only a few suggestions ended up in the final cut. I would bet some of this goes to the art of the possible - we could pine all year long for a Dave Brubeck tape, for example, but if the masters are unavailable from Sony they are unavailable. So it would be great if we could see a list of what labels are willing to play ball and then focus some suggestions on that.

Since Capitol is one, based on Heart Like a Wheel - I would love to see a Frank Sinatra tape. IMHO, Frank's best stuff was done for Capitol. There are also some famous Stokowski recordings on Capitol - the Planets, Shostakovich's Sym 11, etc. I'm sure that everyone has a few favorites, just to mention Capitol.

Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: So when do we open the Suggestion Box for Series 3?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 08:08:16 PM »
Hi Tom, glad to see you re-upped your subscription.

I don't see any reason that we shouldn't start stuffing the suggestion box immediately. I kinda think that this forum is under used as it is.
I think you're probably right about some companies not willing to hand out the rights to just anybody but I think that the more well known the Tape Project becomes, the more likely it'll be that those barriers will fall.
BTW, I heard a rumor that there's a review brewing over on Positive Feedback so perhaps that won't be such a long wait.

I like your suggestion for some Sinatra. I have to confess that I'm not too familiar with his catalog but whenever I hear him sing, I can't help but think that he really was a star who deserved all the fame he received.
There have been a few other suggestions for his albums (as well as Tony Bennett who I really enjoy). I suggest that you search for those other threads and revive one that mentions a particular album that you'd like to see. There's alway a better chance of being released if a number of members jump in. Bear in mind that some of those suggestions were made when there were under a hundred members.

So, lets get this forum moving folks! It's not often that a company asks for our input and maybe just a couple of these suggestions see the light of day the year/series that they're made for, but if it's a good suggestion and Paul, Romo and Doc like them too, they'll keep plugging away at getting them in the future.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades