Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Album Purchase Question to Tape Project Sales Office  (Read 8119 times)

Offline drmassaro

• View Profile
Album Purchase Question to Tape Project Sales Office
« on: April 20, 2008, 12:43:00 PM »
This is to the Tape Project sales office:

Is it possible to purchase a single Tape Project album without a Selective or Charter subscription?  I would like to consider starting out very slowly and make a single album purchase.  If so, can I purchase the Tape Project album 'Dave Alvin: Blackjack David'?  If so what would be the price and estimated shipping cost?  I live in southern California.

Thank you, David Massaro.

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Re: Album Purchase Question to Tape Project Sales Office
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 11:06:00 AM »
Hi David,

Thanks for your inquiry, and sorry not to answer sooner. Right now we are running at full speed just to keep up with subscriber orders. The plan is to offer individual albums for sale after we have shipped all ten 2007 titles to our subscribers. We are working on TP-005, TP-006 and TP-007 at this point. A very rough estimate is that we will be caught up with subscriber orders around the end of May. The price for individual albums will be $329 plus shipping.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 11:04:07 PM »
Hi Dan, How do I find out where on the que I am? Will I get all my tapes at the same time, or one at a time or something different? When can I expect the first one?

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 12:47:33 PM »
Hi Jay,

Michael is in charge of order fulfillment. The guys are cranking full time at getting albums made and he will have the best knowledge of when you will receive a given tape. Along with recording each tape in real time the flanges are CNC engraved one at a time and printing the cover art takes about 40 minutes per album. So it's a very time consuming process to get an album made and packaged. Right now the guys are going back and catching up on making the first four albums for the more recent subscribers.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 07:11:23 PM »
Hi Dan thanks for responding to my post, tell me how to get in touch with Mike.

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline drmassaro

• View Profile
Re: Album Purchase Question
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 10:21:50 PM »
Hi Dan,

Back in April you mentioned that you thought individual tapes may be available for sale after subscriber orders are caught up some time around the end of May.  Any chance that this is the time?  I would like to purchase the Tape Project album 'Dave Alvin: Blackjack David'.

Offline drmassaro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 12:35:30 PM »
Doc,

Last year you mentioned that you thought individual tapes may be available for sale after subscriber orders are caught up some time around the end of May or soon thereafter.  Any chance that this is the time?  I would like to purchase the Tape Project album 'Dave Alvin: Blackjack David'.