TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Jazz on the Tube  (Read 6124 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Jazz on the Tube
« on: October 12, 2009, 12:59:16 PM »
I just got this jazz video site from one of my pals.
If you're like me, the best thing to come from YouTube has been the ability to view many of those great black and white videos of the jazz greats. On and off, I've used video downloading app's to save a few to my hard drive but I just never get around to watching them very often so they just loiter on my hard drive waiting to be opened.

Well, here's a site that has saved and cataloged all those videos for us. If you register with them, they send you a link to a different video everyday or you can just browse their catalog and watch what ever strikes your fancy.
Much better than trying to save every one and the ones they send may open new interests to boot.

Give it a try but be sure and put aside a little time. There's a ton of them!

http://www.jazzonthetube.com/
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
Re: Jazz on the Tube
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 04:51:24 AM »
I just got this jazz video site from one of my pals.
If you're like me, the best thing to come from YouTube has been the ability to view many of those great black and white videos of the jazz greats. On and off, I've used video downloading app's to save a few to my hard drive but I just never get around to watching them very often so they just loiter on my hard drive waiting to be opened.

Well, here's a site that has saved and cataloged all those videos for us. If you register with them, they send you a link to a different video everyday or you can just browse their catalog and watch what ever strikes your fancy.
Much better than trying to save every one and the ones they send may open new interests to boot.

Give it a try but be sure and put aside a little time. There's a ton of them!

http://www.jazzonthetube.com/
Hey Steve,
Great site thanks for the link, now I can see some of what have listened to for years!!!

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 09:08:24 AM »
Thanks!

Brian
Brian Downey

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 12:37:14 AM »
For you guys that stopped by the studio on 10/24/2009 for the get together, here's a Jimmy Smith video that gives you some pretty good looks at his hands and feet in action (for those of you who missed it, we got a great preview of "The Sermon").

http://www.jazzonthetube.com/videos/jimmy-smith/the-sermon.html

While you're over there, search out the "Coltrane/Getz, Hackensack (Rifftide)" video. Really a great line up with Oscar Peterson and Jimmy Cobb!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline rbwtapeinterlink-Bob

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
    • Power Telecommunication for business & the church!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 08:08:50 AM »
Good morning my friend Steve and how are you? I pray all is well with you and family. I want to thank you for always coming up with such great information especially where jazz is concerned. I had no idea this kind of stuff was available on the Utube. Again, you have come through and I appreciate very much. And thanks again for that wonderful Maria S. CD you sent me. I am still enjoying that one sir.

Bob Williams.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 08:34:11 AM by rbwtapeinterlink »
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 11:43:34 AM »
Greetings Bob Williams!

Always a pleasure to hear from you.
I really love those old b&w films. At Monterey this past Sept., there was a wonderful talk entitled "70 Years of Blue Note Records" with Michael Cuscuna, Bobby Hutcherson, and Joe Lovano. They had some great pictures and a couple of short films but the highlights were stories from Hutcherson and the discussions of what the recording sessions were like.

I always make a point of going to these "conversations with,.." at Monterey. Over the years I've heard some fantastic stories from guys like Herbie Hancock (who talked a great deal about his years with Miles), the Heath brothers (what a bunch of wise guys,.. must've driven their mom crazy!), Clark Terry etc. Just a joy!

This year, one of the musical highlights was the Chick Corea Stanley Clarke Lenny White Trio. They did some of the old Return to Forever tunes acoustically and sound better than ever (they even did a version of "Waltz for Debby"). That was the beginning of a world wide tour. When they come to your neck of the wood, don't miss 'em!!!
steve koto
 HE Audio Jades

Offline rbwtapeinterlink-Bob

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
    • Power Telecommunication for business & the church!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 03:18:16 PM »
Hello Again Steve,

I became a member of "Jazz on the tube" yesterday and got my first email from them today. This email informed me about a Billie Holiday presentation. This was exciting and I loved seeing here with some of her favorite people, specifically, Lester Young. However, as I look over the website I found a long list of music folk there to include one of my favorites, Chick Corea. I clicked there and listened to his 9 minute rendition of SPAIN. This particular piece included the audience. This was so emotional for me it actually brought tears to my eyes. Thank you, thank you and thank you again Steve for this important referral. You have done another great deed for me my friend. You, your family and friends have a blessed and wonderful day.

Bob Williams
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.