Tape Machines > Tape Tech

Spec's for RS1500 heads (so far)

(1/2) > >>

ironbut:
For whom it may concern,..playback only;
The heads in this post are the stock Technics heads;
The Flux Magnetics heads in Doc's upgraded RS1500;
Heads installed @ JFR on Mike Paschetto's ( of Progressive-Engineering ) RS1500 as more tube friendly heads than stock (I believe they are Tascam and Panasonic but I don't know which is which)
Flux Mag.      1/2 track   200 Mhy    45 ohm DCR
Stock            1/2 track   200 Mhy   185 ohm DCR
JFR               1/2 track   370 Mhy   500 ohm DCR
Stock            1/4 track   400 Mhy   350 ohm DCR
JFR               1/4 track   560 Mhy   400 ohm DCR
I case anyone else was wondering, the rs1500 that Tim deParavincini modded and was also a CES 07 uses stock heads according to a poster @AA.

docb:

--- Quote ---I case anyone else was wondering, the rs1500 that Tim deParavincini modded and was also a CES 07 uses stock heads according to a poster @AA.
--- End quote ---

That post was by our own High and Outside (you mean like on the studio roof with a joint?), a.k.a. Bodyslam on the Asylum and some other forums, a.k.a. Dr. Knobs, a.k.a. Paul Stubblebine.

Thanks for posting the head info, Steve.

Mikey:

--- Quote from: ironbut on January 20, 2007, 04:25:56 AM ---
Heads installed @ JRF on Mike Paschetto's ( of Progressive-Engineering ) RS1500 as more tube friendly heads than stock (I believe they are Tascam and Panasonic but I don't know which is which)

--- End quote ---

Off the top of my head, I can't remember which is which either....
If anyone is interested, post a reply to this message and I will try to dig out the paperwork I've got at home.

Mike

Mikey:
Now that I've got the paperwork in front of me....here's what JRF Magnetics installed in my RS-1500 headblock:

(1) - 1/4 track playback head, Panasonic RPB-065 (560mHy, 400 ohm DCR)
(1) - 1/2 track playback head, Tascam 5378301000 (370mHy, 500 ohm DCR)
(1) - dummy erase head
(1) - dummy record head

The assembly was optically aligned, the guides were rotated, and the selector switch was cleaned....all for less than $600.00.

Mike

Chuck:
Flux Mag.      1/2 track   200 Mhy    45 ohm DCR
Stock            1/2 track   200 Mhy   185 ohm DCR
JFR               1/2 track   370 Mhy   500 ohm DCR
My question: is there a relationship between more milahenry's and performance? How is DCR significant, isolation?

Thanks for any replies.

Chuck McCalment

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version