Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Tape recorder Museum in Hungary  (Read 5811 times)

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
Tape recorder Museum in Hungary
« on: January 30, 2013, 01:41:17 PM »
Not sure whether this has been posted before.

If you are visiting Hungary - a place to visit.  Larry

http://www.magnomuzeum.hu/index_en.php?inf=kiallitas_en
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Tape recorder Museum in Hungary
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 07:15:00 PM »
Very cool Larry!
That's kinda how I imagine Steve Williams home to look like (except without the old lady in the rocking chair)!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 09:29:08 PM »
Thanks ! That looks like a really cool place.
I am flattered that you would think my collection to be anything like it, but no, mine are far less organized and far more dysfunctional ! :-(
Theirs are also  far more euro-centric and "higher end" than most of the things I hoard...er...collect.
That having been said, I have about 11 machines more or less in common with them from their photo gallery at least.
Did have a 12th one, but I got rid of it.
So does anyone want to guess which ones we have in common? (hint - not the expensive ones)
The really scary part is I have lost track of how many machines I have...
If the photo gallery is all-inclusive (63 machines)  I might have them beat !
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 10:36:46 PM by steveidosound »
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 01:23:15 PM »
In looking for lists of manufacturers of reel to reel tape recorders, I ran across this link.
http://museumofmagneticsoundrecording.org/index.html
This seems to be the same person or persons that have the Phantom Productions site in Texas
http://reel2reeltexas.com/

Then there is Philip Van Praag and his book "Evolution of the Audio Recorder" (which I have)
He had a big collection, but has sold most of it, I think. I communicated with him on eBay once or twice when I recognized him as a seller.
 Perhaps other "historians" here know of more large collections/collectors. I am actually rather clueless and "un-networked" in this area.
 I would venture to guess most the people on here have more than a couple of machines.
I will report back to this post later with a full count at least, if not a list of mine.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 01:27:28 PM by steveidosound »
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 03:47:07 PM »
That is COOL! COOOL! COOOOOL! COOOOOOL!!!!
Neal - Ampex Fineline F-44, 3 - Otari MX5050BII-2, Revox A77 Mk II , Teac A 4010s, 4070, Sony TC102A, Magnecord 1020, Systemdek IIX/Dynavector Karat 17D2MKII, CEC CD3300 CDP, K Works NanoMax DAC, Van Alsine Transcendence Eight+ tube preamp, Dynaco MkIV amp pair, Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v1

Offline Ki Choi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 12:52:09 PM »
Not sure whether this has been posted before.

If you are visiting Hungary - a place to visit.  Larry

http://www.magnomuzeum.hu/index_en.php?inf=kiallitas_en

Hi Larry:

Thanks for posting the link.  I had seen it before and have used it to justify my insanity.  Considering there's no way I can compete, I had been concentrating on hoarding mostly two track master recorders.  I will need to build an extension to my house since I am running out of room. ;)

Ki
Ki Choi