Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: clearing out several A80/QC cassette-tape, open-reel machines  (Read 6916 times)

Offline heideana

• View Profile
clearing out several A80/QC cassette-tape, open-reel machines
« on: February 23, 2009, 05:03:05 PM »
Hey gang --- If your interested, see below
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We have several A80/QC cassette-tape, open-reel machines.

Most came purchased direct from mastering QC room at Sony in Carrolton, GA  ....and EMI duplication room in Jacksonville, IL., as those facilities were in process of down-sizing.

Most of the machines have been sitting unused in a climate-controlled warehouse since they were removed from those facilities.

We are clearing space for a new business venture right now, and need the space that these machines occupy. 

If you one or more machines for parts, this is a great opportunity.

We are open to entertain any offers for all or part of this equipment.

Thank you,

F.W. Black
816-767-0050
[email protected]
ps.. we are also now accepting inquiries and offers on (many extra Studer A80 pancake checkers), (an inventory of excess SAKI / LLH duplicator heads), (spare King 2797s, Concept Design MK2000, and CD9000 cassette loaders), (a spare Apex 2-color cassette printer), (spare Scandia norelco wrappers),  (a spare cassette plain paper labeler and die cutter), (a spare Emerald/PakTek Norelco J-Card&Cassette inserter), (a spare Emerald/PakTek Poly Box Cassette inserter), as well as thousands of spare parts for the above and many more duplicating, loading and packaging machines.
=================================================================
This message is from the Studer list : www.recordist.com/studer
For instructions on unsubscribing, posting, etc., send email with
the text "help" to [email protected].
Studer A810 and Otari MTR-15...Klipsch CWIII's, KG2's & RF7's

Truth is a kind of error, so vaporize it to find your way to heaven, or at least to a smile...

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: clearing out several A80/QC cassette-tape, open-reel machines
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 07:49:57 PM »
Hi Hopkins,.. yeah, I found that in my inbox today too.  That's the first thing I've heard from the Studer list since Fred sent out the "list suspended" notice. I hope this means there's going to be some more list activity.
It's funny though, Carrolton Ga was a true one horse town the last time I was there in the early 70's. I worked for a week at a chicken farm there for room and board and hated it so much, I literally walked for almost 24 hours just to get away from there! I can't tell you how much of a shock it was to see that Sony had anything there let alone a mastering facility.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 11:04:33 PM »

It's funny though, Carrolton Ga was a true one horse town the last time I was there in the early 70's. . . can't tell you how much of a shock it was to see that Sony had anything there let alone a mastering facility.

They put in a large manufacturing plant there toward the end of the LP era. Manufactured cassettes and then eventually CD's there.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 11:37:12 PM »
Now why can't they be clearing out old R2R pre-recorded tapes instead!?
Good luck with those who can pick up a machine or two.
Set 45,Open baffle speakers,Otari 5050,,Pioneer DV-79AVi DVD/CD/SCAD player