Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Interesting Tape and Analog Playback  (Read 3461 times)

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
Interesting Tape and Analog Playback
« on: March 13, 2010, 08:52:54 AM »
Have a lot of respect for Scott's work. Will be hearing his new amps/pre/phono in a couple of weeks.

http://www.theaudioarchive.com/TAA_About_Who.htm

Myles
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Tape and Analog Playback
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 11:01:57 AM »
I agree Myles. Some of the gear he developed with MFA is still legendary. I've also had the pleasure of having him work on some of my tube gear. He's kind of the local talent here in San Jose.
I'll be interested in how his new gear stacks up against the current competition.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades