Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Technics RS-1520 Help..Help...Help..Please  (Read 3422 times)

Offline Audioholic

• View Profile
Technics RS-1520 Help..Help...Help..Please
« on: December 04, 2014, 04:05:16 PM »
Hello Audiophilers....

I'm new to this forum and to reel2reel subjects.  I recently acquirer a tape deck (Technics RS-1520) from an estate sale to which I have no clue how to properly set it up for maximum performance.  The reason I got this deck is because it is in immaculate condition and I heard it once at the CES show and fell in love of the sound of the ree2reel. When I turn on the tape machine, I can hear noise on the left speaker and the ssssssssssss sound on the right speaker. Any technicians in the DFW area, who work on these tape machine or know how, please shoot me an email or call or text me at 682-472-3655. Off coarse, I will pay for your time and effort. Or Anyone have knowledge regarding this take deck (Technics RS-1520) and can help out, I would forever be greatful. Also if anyone can share with me a manual book of this tape deck would be greatful too. Thanks in advance. 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 12:39:47 PM by Audioholic »